- Kate often opts for dark skinny jeans when traveling, and no wonder! They are stylish, and a dark wash makes any stains less noticeable. Go for a stretchy pair, like these from H&M, to assure a comfortable fit.
- When you are making your way through the airport, you might not want to have to worry about anyone noticing your muffin top. In that case a loose fitted, comfortable top is a winner! Kate favours breton tops, like this one from Zara.
- You might be hot from that sprint to the gate, or be freezing from the plane airco, so my no. 1 tip when it comes to traveling is: layering. That's why I prefer the top + stylish lightweight jacket combination. Why not go for this bright red one from Mango? Makes you easy to spot for your traveling companions!
- Kate sometimes chooses a pair of heels, but that's something I will most definitely not be replikating! Whether it is a pair of ballerina flats, loafers, deck shoes, or plimsolls, like these navy ones from Mint Velvet, you can be very stylish in comfortable shoes, without risking painful feet.
- I would actually feel naked if I wouldn't wear a scarf when traveling. Scarves dress up every outfit, so you never know when it might come in handy. They're also useful as sarongs, cushions and cover-ups when visiting a place of worship. My ideal travel scarf is printed, big and as light as a feather, so you can't really go wrong with this Beulah scarf.
- You obviously want to bring some stuff with you into the cabin, but the size of your hand luggage of course depends on whether or not you're checking in a suitcase as well. If you are, my tip is to keep the hand luggage to a minimum. In that case I prefer a medium size leather bag with removable, adjustable shoulder strap, like this one from Mango. And why not buy this matching belt as well? I hate having to lift up my jeans every time I stand up again, so I always wear a belt when traveling.
- You might want to cover up that jetlag with a nice, dark pair of sunglasses, like these from Dorothy Perkins.
- Keep it simple in the jewellery department, but don't forget it entirely! A watch will be handy to make sure you arrive at the gate in time. This two-toned one from Armitron can be combined with both silver and gold jewellery, so that's very practical. As for earrings, I always opt for small dangle earrings, like these from the Tatiana's Delights Etsy shop, because studs can be irritating by piercing the skin behind your ear when you're trying to rest your head for a while.
- Bring your earphones, so you can listing to music on your smart phone. Don't forget to put it on 'airplane mode'!
- Having a few hours to fill during your flight gives you the perfect opportunity to catch up on some reading. And for heaven's sake: don't forget your passport and boarding pass!
My, my! We all do a lot of flying these days! So much so, that the 'airport outfit' is very much a thing. The thing to keep in mind though is that when traveling it is much more about being comfortable, than being fashionable. The perfect airport outfit combines both. But where to start?
Well, I'm off to Sicily for a few days, so expect some traveling posts the coming week!
- ABOUT TATIANA -
Hi there! I am a fashion and travel enthusiast living in Rotterdam, the Netherlands. Tatiana's Delights is your online resource for preppy and minimalist fashion, travel tips, affordable home decor and adorable cat photos. You can find out more about Tatiana's Delights here.
- LET'S CONNECT -
- INSTAGRAM -