If 2013 taught me anything, it proved to me that you don’t have to have all of the answers. Reaching out to others for help can actually make things a lot better. The past few years I struggled with my studies enormously, barely making any progress at all, up to the point I stopped believing in myself. Until last January, when I was diagnosed with ADD. 2013 will always be the year for me that everything 'fell into place'. Now that I am taking the right medication I have passed every exam since and feel there is finally light at the end of the tunnel (and hopefully a successful job as well ;-) )
If there is something fashion related I've learned this year is that having a great style is based on two principles:
1) You don't have to be 5 pounds to look amazing. True confidence comes from accepting your own body and all its unique assets by dressing accordingly.
2) You don't have to own a million bucks to look like a million bucks. Anyone can buy a $1,200 dress, $600 shoes and a $800 bag and look great, but a woman with great style has the ability to mix affordable clothes (possibly with a designer piece) and look even more amazing. For me, Kate is the true embodiment of this principle.
- The health of my family, friends and myself
- My parents and how they are always there for me
- The travelling I have been able to do
- My best friend for always supporting me
- My two sweet cats Taiyo and Vashti
- My part-time job as a paralegal that gives me the opportunity to already gain some experience in the legal field.
- My great apartment
- The opportunities that living in a country like the Netherlands give me
- The fact that I lost 15 lbs
- Ice cream and chocolate
- You, my dear readers!
So what are my hopes and dreams for the coming year? As I am a notorious list maker, here are some things I am looking forward to in 2014:
And last, but obviously not least, I want to wish you all a very happy and healthy 2014! Thank you for your readership and support this last year. Looking forward to another great year to come!